Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Today I am wondering how I will get all the things done that need to get done before Easter. Initially I was interested in attending a Good Friday service at noon today. But later thought better of it. Am already trying to cram too many things into my waking hours. Problems to solve at the office, visit dad at the Alzheimers home, purchase some dittys for the kids, tax preperation, yard work, BBQ this evening, fix broken window, blah, blah, blah.

I have this mantra continually addressing me. There's ALWAYS more that needs to be done. And if I do 'finish' something, I always question whether I've done a good job. Last week with Jamie's help we refinished the hardwood floor in the living room at Dakota House. It looks pretty good, but it would look a lot better if I had taken more time. . .

Any adult with a functioning brain can see that there are more things that need doing than there are folks to do them. See Luke 10:2. Ahh, but then I remember. We're not supposed to do it all, just what He has asked of us. Remember this bumper sticker:
OK Jesus, now you have my attention. I'm listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Curious George said...

One way to get a lot done is to have someone help out to get on the other side of the heavy desk, the other side of the broken window the other side of truck. Someone who like burritos and has a friend named Mr. Pibb. If there is someone like that out there that believes in the minisry of the Dakota House and has a few tools, it may just help in getting more work done. That is if you can keep him from playing frizzbie.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home