Monday, July 31, 2006

Mr. Deeds

Last night Nate, Jamie and I watched the incredibly witty movie Mr. Deeds. OK unless you're 7 years old Adam Sandler may not appear that witty. But still . . .

Anyway poet laureate Adam Sandler inspired me to write this soon to be pulitzerized poem regarding my incredible wife.

Ode to Jamie - Brad Barker

Jamie likes orange dream machines
and movies with fava beans
my love you're incredible,
so I'm glad you're not edible,
cause after one meal
I'd have lost the best deal
that could be made in a prayer
though I occasionally swear
and wear torn underwear
your words always inspire me
so I hope you don't tire of me

1 Comments:

Blogger one of many said...

i didnt know it,
that you are a poet.
beautiful touching
tribute to your wife!
next time i would like
to hear you compare her
to the wonderful, stinky cheese
she loves so much.
but, really this touched me.
weird as it was.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home