Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Sunday

Another Easter Sunday under my belt. I can look back 40+ years now and see myself. Plucking eggs from my folks garden as a toddler, doing the same at my grandparents homes (on alternate years). Marching down the center isle at church waving palm branches, watching my own children do the same. Helping Dad find the exact right picnic spot; not too sunny not to shady, a place for the BBQ, nice view. Not too crowded, not too long of a drive. . . Attending sunrise services, giant orchestrated musicals, small churches, big churches. Candy, gifts, flowers. Sometimes no church at all, riding a century or running a 10K. It's kind of interesting to me that nearly all of my Easter memories have nothing to do with Jesus triumphant victory on the cross. That whole resurrection thing has a pretty big impact on the rest of my days you know. Lots of Church, lots of food, even more of family. Not so much of Jesus. I think that this needs to change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dakota House said...

Yes. All true. But I loved it that I was with you.

More blogging, please.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home