Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Out of Gas

Today Jamie called me to say that she had run out of gas while driving Nate and Emily to school. I drove back home to get the gas can, drove to the filling station, filled up the can, and then drove down 41 to rescue her. The whole time on my cell phone trying to fix computer problem cropping up at the office. Naturally there was a 3-mile long freight train impeding my progress, several busy school crosswalks slowing my driving, my credit card malfunctioning at the gas station, and on and on. All standing between me and my stranded wife. Then of course there is the riotous mass of humanity waiting to strangle me once I finally did arrive here at my office. In any case, while all that was going on; the clock was ticking away precious seconds of a day that is already about 10 hours too short. Now I am out of time. It seems like I am always out of that, even before the the day officially starts. When Jamie and I were first getting acquainted with each other we would write back and forth to each other often using a list to communicate ideas or other information. Today I shall begin to list all the things that I am commonly out of. Feel free to augment.

Out of gas
out of milk
out of context
out of breath
out of ideas
Out of time
Out of patience
out of the ordinary
Out of my mind
Out of Africa
Out of luck
out of sight
out of focus
out of this world
out of print
out of the past
out of the box
out of school
out of control
Out of energy
Out of service

2 Comments:

Blogger Curious George said...

Out of broken windows at the Dakota House
Out of gas leaks at the Dakota House
Out of a small tree in the front yead of the Dakota House
Out of stuff to move from the old Dakota House

12:25 PM  
Blogger Curious George said...

Out of the house for lunch at In-N-Out
Out of the office for lunch at Taco Bell
Out of the house for Cub Scouts
Out of the house for frizzby golf
Out of the your car for a great time at John Incredible Pizza
Out of money tring to win a prize at John's I. P.
Out of Pizza on your plate to make room for dessert

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home